- This event has passed.
Washington DC & Williamsburg by Vacation Bicycling
April 7 - April 13$1599
- Join us on our first ever Washington D.C. and Williamsburg bike tour.
- We visit historic Williamsburg, taking a step back in time in when life was a little slower and the city was the center of activity, commerce and entertainment.
- View the living history of Williamsburg with its 18th-centruy buildings and costumed townspeople, covering one square mile.
- After starting in the one of a kind city, Williamsburg, we then transition to the bustling city and home of the Capitol of the United States, Washington D.C.
- If you have not been in D.C. in the past 10, 20 or 20+ years, the city has dramatically changed with almost all the areas in and around downtown being regentrified and is now a thriving and safe city
- We will bicycle from our hotel that overlooks the Capitol building in the distance taking a neighborhood one-way road with a bike lane to Capitol Street with the Capitol building directly ahead then pass by the U.S. Supreme Court, Capitol Building, National Mall and Washington Monument on our way to George Washington’s home in Mount Vernon, following the Potomac River on the Mount Vernon Trail bike path.
- The next day we will see many major attractions in Washington D.C. We will stop briefly at each place to take pictures or take-in each site, including the United States Capitol, Supreme Court, the National Mall, the Whitehouse, The Washington Monument, the Reflecting Pool, the Lincoln Memorial, the Jefferson Memorial, the Pentagon and Cherry Blossom Trees (hopefully in bloom).
- We will also ride on the Anacostia River Trail getting to see another view of Washington D.C. from our bicycles.
- After enjoying Washington D.C. for three days, we will ride the Virginia Capital Trail, riding through forests and nature as we transition back to old Williamsburg, stopping at the Jamestown Settlement.
- On our final day of riding we will ride past Historic Jamestowne, take a ferry across the James River, ride through one of the oldest continuously farmed plantations and then we continue on to see the oldest brick dwelling in the United States.
- The Washington D.C. & Williamsburg tour will quickly allow us to visualize our country’s amazing history and take in the beautiful monuments of the United States from our bicycles.
Come join us! See more: http://vacationbicycling.com