- This event has passed.
Grand Illinois Bike Tour
June 9 @ 7:00 am - June 14 @ 5:00 pm$505.00
Join us June 9, 2019 through June 14, 2019 for our 17th annual Grand Illinois Bike Tour! Our 2019 loop will tour through beautiful Amish country and east central Illinois. We will start and stop in Tuscola, with overnights in Mattoon (one night), Effingham and Charleston (two nights each). Join us and invite your cycling friends (non-riding volunteers needed too). Early bird registration ends November 30.
Choose among our daily mileage options for a total ranging from 200 to 395 miles. Pick between our camping and motel options, and enjoy evenings filled with good food and fellowship with riders hailing from around the country. Proceeds benefit Ride Illinois and support our mission to make Illinois a better, safer, and more enjoyable place to ride.
Our fully supported tour basics:
- Basic daily route distances between towns range from 45 to 53 miles. Longer route and layover day options are available. Routes are marked and cue sheets are provided.
- Campers will tent in parks and campgrounds, with showering facilities provided. All breakfasts and dinners (10 meals in total) are included.
- The motel option, available for an additional fee, accommodates approximately 100 riders and sells out early. Nine meals (all breakfasts and four dinners) and evening receptions are included.
- Luggage transportation is provided in separate vehicles for campers and hotelers.
- Emergency SAG, refreshment stops, and t-shirt are included. Expert bike repair, as well as professional massage, are also available every day to hotelers and campers, at the campsites.
- Nightly meetings include ride information, awards, and more.
- Velosophie, an optional reading discussion group, meets before dinner each day. Join the fun after dinner at camp, as fellow riders play guitar and banjo.
The ride is limited to 240 riders.