Downhill Big Bend National Park, Texas by Vacation Bicycling
February 27 - March 5$1599
- With the popularity of “Downhill Colorado”, we thought where else can we go that we can ride mostly downhill and is also warm in February. With that in mind, Downhill Big Bend is our new “downhill” adventure.
- Introduce or reacquaint yourself to the Big Bend National Park in Big Bend, Texas – considered Texas’ best kept secret!
- Take in stunning views and beautiful miles by bicycle as we ride through the 800,000 acre park home of over 1200 species of plants, 450 species of birds, 56 species of reptiles and 75 species of mammals. Yes, Big Bend is larger than the State of Rhode Island.
- Along the way be sure to take a picture of the smaller wonders of Big Bend, up close and personal.
- We will bicycle by and see almost all the major areas of Big Bend National Park including the Chisos Mountains, the Chihuahua Desert, the Santiago Mountains and the Rio Grande and Santa Elena Rivers.
- On your free day, take a soak in the pool and relax or ride the optional ride from Lost Mine Trail to Cottonwood General Store in Teralingua, Texas.
- For the final day of riding, we cycle from the McDonald Observatory and Visitor Center in the Davis Mountains and ride down from the summit of the highest highway in Texas to Fort Davis taking in breathtaking views.
- Unpack only one time as we stay at the same hotel for the entire bicycle tour.
Come join us: https://vacationbicycling.com/downhill-big-bend-national-park-texas-2021