Arizona Sonoran Desert by Vacation Bicycling
October 19 - October 25$1599
- Cycle through the Arizona Sonoran Desert, an amazing experience and normally ideal bicycling weather in October; the perfect final warm ride of the season before the winter is upon us
- Unpack only one time! We stay at the same hotel for the entire bicycle tour.
- We bicycle on “The Loop” completely paved bike path that encircles the city of Tucson and overlooks the Santa Cruz and Arroyo Chico rivers
- The sites in the Sonoran desert are beautiful and although we are not climbing mountains, we are taking in all the beauty of the mountains, plains and foothills surrounding us.
- Before we even see our first mirage, we will take in the two visually dominant life forms of plants specifically found in the Sonoran Desert: legume trees and columnar cactus/cacti from behind our handle bars
- We of course will see two of the most well known artist and craft communities in Arizona: Tubac and Patagonia
- Snack on some of the best homemade pastries available anywhere in the U.S. at the Tubac Deli & Coffee Co.
- Visit a vineyard and distillery in the heart of Arizona wine country.
- In addition take time to explore on your own the various tourist destinations in the Tucson area on your own, including the eastern or western side of the Saguaro National Park; the Pima Air & Space Museum & “Boneyard” featuring 4,000+ planes on 2600 acres; or Biosphere 2, which was originally built to show the viability of human life in outer space; Tombstone, know for its western history and the shootout at O.K. Corral reenactment; or if you are very adventurous climb/ride down Mount Lemmon.
- The untouched beauty of the Arizona desert are sights we will remember for years into the future.
for more information please visit: http://vacationbicycling.com/arizona-sonoran-desert-bicycle-tour-2019