Downhill Saguaro National Park & Arizona Sonoran Desert by Vacation Bicycling
January 15, 2022 - January 21, 2022$1599
- Cycle through the Arizona Sonoran Desert, an amazing experience and a great way to start off the new year with a perfect warm ride!
- Unpack only one time! We stay at the same hotel for the entire bicycle tour.
- We will see the largest cacti in the U.S. throughout the Saguaro National Park, visiting and riding through both the East and West parks.
- “The Loop,” a completely paved bike path that encircles the city of Tucson and overlooks the Santa Cruz and Arroyo Chico rivers is located a few feet from our hotel.
- The sites in the Sonoran desert are beautiful and although we are not climbing mountains, we are taking in all the beauty of the mountains, plains and foothills surrounding us.
- Before we even see our first mirage, we will take in the two visually dominant life forms of plants specifically found in the Sonoran Desert: legume trees and columnar cactus/cacti from behind our handle bars
- In addition, we of course will see two of the most well known artist and craft communities in Arizona: Tubac and Patagonia
- Snack on some of the best homemade pastries available anywhere in the U.S. at the Tubac Deli & Coffee Co.
- In addition take time to explore on your own the various tourist destinations in the Tucson area on your own, including Biosphere 2, which was originally built to show the viability of human life in outer space; Tombstone, know for its western history and the shootout at O.K. Corral reenactment; or if you are very adventurous climb/ride down Mount Lemmon.
- The untouched beauty of the Arizona desert are sights to remember for years into the future.
for more information please visit: https://vacationbicycling.com/downhill-saguaro-national-park-arizona-sonoran-desert-bicycle-tour-2022